UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My sister nad I are joint executors and joint beneficiaries

My sister nad I are joint executors and joint beneficiaries of my late mothers will My sister took 4.500 from the house in cash and 11.750 was sent to her from the bank I am expecting around 4.500 as my share despite all bills being paid since last november she is refusing to pay me my money I have been told by her husband in a letter that he has put my share into an account low risk and wont pay me until other issues are resolved not relating to the will I will not meet with them as he is aggressive I have a solicitor who wrote to them but they are still refusing to pay me my money and stated she has every right to with hold the money My solicitor stated they will write again but this has now gone on for a long time and it is costing me money can we take them to court I know it is not alot of money but it is mine No probate was necessary,. please Help
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You may actually take it to court yourself without involving a solicitor as you are claiming £4500 and you will not be able to recover any legal fees which you incur.
The quickest way to lodge a court claim against your sister and her husband is online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
I would advise you to name them both as defendants and explain why you are owed the money in the particulars of claim. You normally have a 1000 words limit on setting out your particulars of claim.
May I help further?