Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
The order was for £90,000 they have issued a PO for £21,000 but sent the order for the balance in an email saying because of formalities they needed to get each department to issue a PO (the balance is for 16 separate vessels) (The company is a cruise liner). The formalities were setting me up on their suppliers records which they did following submission of all their forms. Everything was done on email from the strategic buyer in charge. It started with us sending samples and them agreeing which products they wanted and the prices based on an order of 22,000 units in total. The only thing i have signed is there "suppliers forms" so that i can be set up on their systems
ps.. they sent me a file (attached in email) with "total quantities to be ordered"
Hi, we have been sent an email saying you have answered our question and charged our card? We have not received a reply
No reason. They called and said that they did not want all the items in their warehouses even though the deal was done on bulk order. They have said that they will take 1000 items periodically and promised to send another PO but as yet, have not
Do i have the right to get the cost of the items back ? I am guessing not and also i am not sure i want them to know what i paid versus what i charged them !! Do i have any rights because i produced these items based on an email order not an official PO.
Yes, regarding the more expensive price. We agreed a price per unit based on 20k items now they, apparently, only want 1,000 items per order. I presume I am entitled to increase the price even though they asked me to confirm i would hold the price until 31.08.15 because they have put this information in their systems
We would love to tie them to the order, however, we are a small company based in the UK and they are a large multi-national cruise liner based in Italy, and we simply do not have the resources (especially after laying out so much money on this order) to take them to court or to challenge them. We could try emailing them and see where we get but we are unsure what to say. As a last resort we definitely need to increase our prices because we now have to rent storage to store this order
Costs to date are £56,000, with rent starting next week at £28 pw. The profit on the whole deal was going to be £26,000
We have not "lost" anything yet because we still have the goods, we are simply out of pocket to the tune of £56k which will take us a year to sell these goods elsewhere
Thank you for your help