LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

are the bin men allowed to search my bin

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you explain a little more please?

Customer:

Since i filmed the bin man putting a glass bottle in my blue recycling bin, and he refused to take bin after looking in bin and finding the glass bottle which he had put in.I reported this to the council and asked if the man could be put on another round with no satifaction, since this day the last two weeks the said bin man has been searching through my black bin and also ripping open the bins within, All i want to know is he allowed to do this as i feel im being single out. The bin lid is closed properly and rubbish is put in bags and then into bin.

LondonlawyerJ :

This sounds very odd. They are allowed to check that the right things are put in the bin, nothing dangerous and complying with their recycling policy. They are not allowed to plant things in your bin and then use that as a reason not to empty the bin.