12826847

I have cancelled a shipping order for some health products.

I have cancelled a shipping order for some health products. The company advise it's customers to speak to an adviser for a cancellation. I cannot make contact with the customer services as the phone line is a stacking answer service . I have sent some email correspondence requesting the order is cancelled. The company have taken the money out of my account. I have read the terms and conditions and as far as I understand I am within my legal rights.
Can you suggest any other action I need take.
Are they UK based?
How did you pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are a USA company. I payed by VISA

If they are based abroad then they are not worth suing.
You do have an identical claim against your visa card company though under S75 CCA. In fact, if you report it to visa then they will quite often just clawback the amount that has been deducted. Sometimes they do resist but if you issue against them they usually settle. They may resist here because they will say its not a fraudulent deduction.
I would report it to visa today and see if they will clawback. If so, then thats an end to the matter.
If not, then you will have to sue but I would give it a few days as the company may well refund.
If they do not with a week then send visa a letter before action demanding the money back under S75 CCA.
If that fails then issue against them here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Always use visa with online purchases from abroad as S75 is very useful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jo

can I go online to contact VISA?

Not that I know of. It depends how they accept contact. Usually there is a number to call. I would never normally recommend doing things over the phone but for the purposes of seeing whether they will agree or not it should be fine.