UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Thanks for your reply, please can you guide the

Customer Question

Thanks for your reply,
please can you guide the rule of 180 days absence.
I heared any absence should not be more than 180 days in each last 5 consecutive years, does it mean for every year < 180 days can be applicable?
thanks for your help.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
If you are out of the UK for more than 180 days in any period of 12 consecutive months, your continous period in the UK is deemed to be broken and this will re-set your clock for ILR purposes, e.g. if you were out of the UK for more than 180 days in 2011 and come back on 1st July 2011, your time for ILR starts ticking from 1st July 2011 and any previous time in the UK is not counted.

You may have seen this internal Home Office document which explains this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/275188/ILRcont_periods.pdf

May I help further?