29905560

I have a customers that ask me for the traceability of the

Customer Question

I have a customers that ask me for the traceability of the goods I sold to him. Can I sue my customer if he is going on my back and buying the same stock from my supllier?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is there any restriction in a contract between you and the customer which prohibits them from buying direct from your supplier?

Customer:

Unfortunately not. Is a multinational company and the conditions are establish by them.

Ben Jones :

From a legal point of view there is unfortunately nothing wrong with your customer going behind your back and obtaining the items you would normally supply them with directly from your supplier. This is a generally free business world in a sense that anyone can trade with whoever they want and if they find someone who offers them a better price then they can go to that party and stop using their current supplier. Any restrictions attempting to stop them from doing so are likely to be unenforceable as being a restraint of trade. However, in your case you do not even have such a restriction which means that the customer can decide who they trade with and if they want to bypass you and trade directly with your supplier, then as long as that supplier is willing to do so they can.

Customer:

Thank you very much for your answer.

Customer:

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome, all the best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Personal circumstances gave me not option but to obtain a VAT |( my wife and myself) four years a go to protect my family.

I'm self-employed and the company i'm working for told me it will be close very soon. I have the possibility to do the same business buy open a limited company with me as shareholder and Director. A business person I know will give ma loan for the business. Can I do it with be penalize by the IVA?. If I don't do it, I will be our of work and been 61 years old nobody will give a job to pay the mortgage, bills, etc for my house.

Hi, this is a separate query so please post it as a new question, thank you