Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have just found out that a solicitors firm AJ FIELDS SITTINGBOURNE

I have just found out that a solicitors firm AJ FIELDS SITTINGBOURNE was struck off. and have closed down which happen many months ago. they have my house deeds and other paper work regarding the house. how do i retrieve them sue
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I have looked into this matter for you and can confirm that AJ Field and Co were the subject of an intervention by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in 2011.

You therefore need to contact SRA who will be holding your Deeds.

I set out an extract from the SRA website, and suggest that you email them accordingly-

"Wills and other documents of record

If a firm that we have closed down was holding a will or other document of record for you (deeds to a property, for example) and your file can be found, our Intervention Archives Department will contact you to ask what you want done with your papers.

If you have not heard from our Intervention Archives Department yet and want to talk to them about your documents, please contact us using the details at www.sra.org.uk/myfiles. "

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information given