29905560

My supervisors have tried to force me into work during periods

My supervisors have tried to force me into work during periods of illness by browbeating and bullying me during telephone conversations. Am I within the law to record telephone conversations between myself and my supervisor, or would I have to state at the beginning of a call that I am recording said telephone conversation?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you propose playing the recording back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I had to play the recording back to prove that my supervisor isn't following company procedure the answer would be yes.

It is not illegal to record private conversations between individuals so you would not be legally required to advise the other side that they are being recorded. The strict rules on secretly recording conversations only really applies to companies and businesses which would be subject to more stringent laws in this respect. However, you as an individual would not be bound by these rules so you can secretly record this if needed. It would be a separate issue when it comes to using such recordings as evidence. Whilst you may have the recordings the employer could decide not to use them as evidence because of the way they were obtained – that would be up to them to decide. The same applies if this goes to a tribunal – it could decide not to allow the use of the recordings as evidence. However, the initial act of recording them without advising the other party would be acceptable.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you