How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

i am due to marry my fiance in april, she is a pakistani divorcee

Resolved Question:

i am due to marry my fiance in april, she is a pakistani divorcee with 3 children,we will of course apply for visa's for them to come to live with me in england, my concern is that i am registered disabled with a debilitating illness so i am on benefits is this a major stumbling block for her and the children coming, i am all so concerned that once people find out she as married a white non muslim english man she could become a victim to abuse ...i just want them safe with me and need some advice
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm your income from your disability benefits?
What benefits are your receiving?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from my disability benefits i get a total of £444.80 a month, from my ESA i get £739.02....i also get housing benefit which is £460 a month

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Are you in receipt of any of the following:
Carer's Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i get disability living allowance, and severe disablement allowance

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If this is the case then you will not have to meet the financial requirements in order to apply for a settlement visa for your partner to arrive to the UK with her children.
What you would need to do is submit the following documents to confirm that you are in receipt of the benefits and that you should not be therefore required to meet the financial requirements:
(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans Agency confirming the entitlement and the amount received.
(b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application, showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account.
You will need to submit further documents if possible of any other benefits you receive and disclose this to the home office. You would also need to obtain a letter from the council confirming that they are happy for your family to reside at your property once they have been issued with the correct visa, you need to show there is enough accommodate at your property.
The application would need to be made online using the following link:
You would need to fill in a form for each child and a separate form for the mother.
You should state in the application form how you are in receipt of the disability allowances meaning that you do not need to meet the financial requirement.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so you think there would not be a problem with her and children coming to uk as long as i have all the relevant information ?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes provided you can prove that your benefits would not be effected by them entering the UK and you would not become even more reliant on the state then yes they can arrive to the UK.
Because you are exempt from meeting the financial requirements you would need to show that you can adequately maintain and accommodate them without further recourse to public funds. So you can show any savings you have etc.
Kind regards