Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Hi I wonder if you are able to assist with a question

Hi I wonder if you are able to assist with a question regarding wills?My ex husbands father died this time last year. I believe he inherited 23 houses, a caravan park, beach car park and farm, he has since started 2 limited companies. However as his accounts are not due he is still claiming benefits I believe and low income so only pays £5 a week towards his CSA payments,Is a will held in public records so that I could perhaps use this to help get a little more money as support for my son ?

Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 years ago.
If an estate, which is what lawyers call what we leave when we die, is very small then a grant of probate is not required.
But any estate that involves property or substantial assets will require one. Once a Grant of probate is issued it is a public document and a copy of the Will is attached to the Grant so you can find out exactly what he got through the Probate Registry. The estate may not have been completely wound up but it sounds as if he trying to be a bit cute here.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points, please reply.
Best wishes
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou where do you look to access a grant of probate please ? The estate would be in to several millions so there would be one I would imagine .