29905560

I finished work on ill health grounds in about 1997 with the

Customer Question

I finished work on ill health grounds in about 1997 with the local authority at the time, once I was much better I wanted to do work so I sets myself up self employed and workeD on that basis, the role that I was undertaking on a self employed basis was advertised by the local authority as a permanent position, I applied and got this. I have now worked for the local authority for 7/8 years. my ms has deteriorated.
, I saw the neuro-psychologist 5/6 weeks ago she confirmed that I now have cognitive problems, this has taken me quite a while to admit to myself, there are problems my concentration,remembering and thinking. I have been on the sick for 10 weeks as physically I have not been very good.what I need to know is can I finish on ill health a Second time?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve by retiring on ill health, will you have certain benefits, health insurance etc?
JACUSTOMER-i2vipsy8- : I understand that I will be able to access my pension.
JACUSTOMER-i2vipsy8- : I will be able to access my pension,I want to know if I can finish work on ill health again as I have does this preveouly.
JACUSTOMER-i2vipsy8- : I cannot access my reply please help
JACUSTOMER-i2vipsy8- : I have recivedno reply,please help?
JACUSTOMER-i2vipsy8- : Will somebody tell me hoe to access my reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I finish work on ill health a second time?
I cannot access a reply from my previous question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My question has not been answered.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My question has not been answered.
Can I finish work on ill health grounds a second time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you return to paid work after you have finished on ill health grounds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I return to paid work after finishing on ill health grounds?
Hi sorry for the delay, for some reason the system removed your question from my queue – do you still need assistance as I would be happy to help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do still need assistance but got so fed up thought I had got involved in some sort of slam I canceled my subscription.
no this is not a scam, obviously some technical issue caused the delay. Have you actually asked for a refund for this question, because if you have then you will need to resubmit it again as it will close itself automatically? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my question has still not been answered? Can you please respond to my question.

Hi, it is possible to retire on ill health grounds, then find that your condition improves and return to work, then for it to deteriorate again and be forced to retire for a second time.
Saying that there are certain requirements which you should have met when you returned to work after the first retirement. As your initial retirement would have given you access to your pension, you would have been expected to immediately contact your pensions provider giving full details of your new earnings. Your pension would then have been reduced or suspended, depending on the level of your earnings. Failure to notify them could lead to forfeiture of your pension.
However, if you did inform them at the time and they were aware and adjusted your pension accordingly, then it is entirely possible to retire for a second time if the circumstances arise.
Hope this clarifies your position?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ben

Yes that is basically what happened.

OMG , I did not inform them when I returned to work , is there something I can do now?

Should I continue along the path of retiring again on ill health grounds, I have seen the doctor at occupational health they are now sending for reports from my GP and the consultant?

Well you should not hide this, that's for sure, it will probably affect your pension, although it depends on the scheme you are in and the rules of the provider - only they know how that may be. You do not have to retire for a second time, but the issue is still that you have been earning and receiving a pension at the same time - not the second retirement, but the double earnings basically
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Who should I report this to? Could I just hand in my notice?

When I returned to work it was on a self employed basis later I was employed and still are by the local authority.

On the first retirement I was also employed by the same authority.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ben, not sure what to do now. Will I have to pay them back what I have received? Could I go to prison?

You can just resign without opting for early retirement but the issue is that when you retired the first time round you started drawing your pension and then also started working again and earning so the damage in that respect has already been done. It it unlikely that this will be a criminal matter that will result in prison or any criminal convictions but it could affect your future pension. So this needs to be reported to your pensions provider in the first instance