UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Dear SirsI am a British born UK citizen , and have a 14 year

Dear Sirs
I am a British born UK citizen , and have a 14 year old son , born in London ,who has never had a passport , and has never been outside the UK , and attends a school in West London .
The Passport Office refuses to give him a passport , and says he must apply to the Immigration Office , because his mother has Israeli passports on which the stamp saying she has " Indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom " was put on her passport in 1983 , and they say it will take too long to check that it is still valid . She works and pays taxes in the UK since 1983 , and has never left this country . We have never been married .
How do I get a British passport for my son ? I live in Scotland , and could attend an interview with my son at the Glasgow Immigration Office .
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest that you apply for a British nationality status confirmation letter to the Home Office using form NS, see here for the form to apply on:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/321804/Form_NS_-_June_2014.pdf

Once the confirmation letter is issued, there should be no problem obtaining the passport.

May I help further?