12826847

My life is being ruined because wi-fi routers and mobile phone

Customer Question

My life is being ruined because wi-fi routers and mobile phone masts in my city are causing me headaches/dizziness/toothache and concentration problems. This is effecting my family life, my ability to work, my ability to sleep, my ability to socialize.
I have lost my freedom.
The only way i can reduce my symptoms to a comfortable level, is to wear a head scarf from Germany specifically manufactured to shield microwaves and radio-waves.
There are thousand so people like me suffering, with this condition known as Electrosensitivity (ES) or Electro-Hypersensitivity (EHS). In Sweden they recognize this condition as a Disability.
How can I continue to live and work in this way? It is not humane.
What can I do about it? Do I have any Human Rights?
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You do have human rights obviously. The HRA protects us all. However, it does not cover this issue.
It might well be that you are very sensitive to this type of thing. Humans can be more affected than others. You might well be able to sense this type of thing as most people could not. Nevertheless though, I am afraid you do not any grounds to stop them from transmitting.
I am very sorry but the HRA just doesn't apply to this. Art 8 does entitle you to a private life but its a derogable right and, in any event, this is probably caused by a private company and so not an emanation of the state. Therefore it is not bound by the HRA.
I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about the microwave radiation coming from my neighbours wi-fi routers that effects me as soon as I walk through my front door! Don't I have the right to live in my home without their radiation entering it?

No, I am afraid not reasons I explained above.
I am very sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand that there is a UN resolution 48/96, Annex, of 20 Dec 1993 (UN1993) which apparently states that local governments must grant support to individuals with Electro-hypersensitivity, and employees have a right to support from their employers to enable them to work despite this impairment.

Is this true?

UN resolutions are not law. Regulations of the EU have direct applicability.
That resolution relates to disabilities. You will find it here
http://www.un.org/disabilities/default.asp?id=26