75100385

I bought an item on ebay that was advertised as working but

I bought an item on ebay that was advertised as working but needed a new fitting. Bought the item, bought the fitting, item did not work.
Seller requested quotes to fix to consider. Getting the part, getting the quote to fix all took about a month and then the seller offered to refund in email if I sent it back and they would pay 2 weeks later when accountant returned from holiday
I did now the seller is saying that ebay rules states items had to be returned by 60 days for them to refund on my behalf.
Seller won't refund and has the item despite promising to refund.
Is this still covered under normal sale of goods act and nothing to do with ebay policy? I have them agreeing to refund if returned?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know how much the item was and if you have the sellers name and address please?
Customer:

The item was a coin counting machine at £275, it was from a charity hospital radio for which I have the address.

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Customer:

Many thanks.