UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I received copy of will (showing that I was left 1/11th of

I received copy of will (showing that I was left 1/11th of estate) and two non-contentious Business Agreements from the solicitors LLP, who deal with it. They requested to sign the agreement and return it to them.
I do not know whether there are enough funds to pay for his expenses and worry that I may have to pay if I sign. I did phone them and they said I did not have to worry there were and it was an agreement to satisfy the law society, as the person dealing with it is also an executive to the Company.
Is that normal procedure, should I sign?
Erika Hayward
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Erika,

You should not sign anything you are not comfortable with.

You should ask the solicitors to put it down in writing that you will not be liable to pay their fees and that you will be entitled to your full dues under the Will without any deductions or set off.
If they do this, then you may sign.

May I help further?