12826847

Hello. I would like to know what information / opinions the

Hello. I would like to know what information / opinions the police hold about me on their records. How do I proceed please?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I am recently retired and would like to apply for various part time work (nothing of a sensitive nature eg childcare etc) and I want to know what will be turned up if a DBS check is run on me. I have a criminal record for possession of drugs in 1969, I know that the crime has time expired, but nevertheless I would like to know what the police have on their records. Can you help please?

Are you asking how to do it?
Obviously I cannot do it for you as they won't disclose anything to me and anyway the rules of this site prohibit any direct instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I am not asking you to do it, I just need to know how I go about getting the information

You can make a subject access request for any information held upon you at any police station.
You need to prove your identity obviously.
It will cost £10 and should take about 1 week to be processed.
It can then be collected at the police station in question.
That should give you any information they have upon you.
Not all of it would necessarily be revealed in a DBS check but that is the basis of their source of intelligence.