12826847

Magistrate court made a decision to fine a person but there

Magistrate court made a decision to fine a person but there is spelling mistake in surname. Is it legally right that this person don't need to pay the fine?
No, it is not I'm afraid.
A misspelling is a non issue unfortunately.
A completely different name may give rise to a challenge although it depends whether there is any realistic doubt over the identity of the person in question. Some people do use aliases and fines are enforced against them.
If its just an incorrect spelling though that is a non issue. The fine will be enforced against them.
I'm very sorry if this is bad news.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just to make sure... Letter from court came on address where I lived before, but surname is ***** ***** to mine. Court was done without me as letters came when I moved out. And letters are about the fine from court to person with slightly different surname. Is that right that they are still addressed to me and that I have to pay the fine?
If its just a misspelling then they can enforce it against you and you do have to pay I'm afraid.