tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I recently purchased a 2nd hand car and on the test drive I

I recently purchased a 2nd hand car and on the test drive I herd a rattle the dealer said he would get it fixed, he said that they had found a stick/twig caught under the car and I agreed to purchase. Then a couple of weeks later I herd the rattle again, he asked me to take it in to a local garage and it was first thought to be one thing and he agreed to pay. I then booked the car in for the work to be done only then to be told by the garage they had got it wrong and that it was in fact the back box on the exhaust. I telephoned the dealer to inform him and he told me that it was not covered under the warranty. Really my question is as it's was discovered before I purchased the car and I believed it had been put right only to find out it has not, who's responsible for the cost of this repair me or the dealer.
Kind regards,
Andrew
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

If you agreed that the knocking noise etc., would be put right, but it was not, then they have not fulfilled their part of the agreement to get it put right.

Customer: Hi thanks for your reply, that's is what I thought and friends I have spoke to . I will be calling him again tomorrow and I will listen to what he has to say
tdlawyer :

Yes, and if they don't agree to put it right (if you want them to), then the usual rule is that you can go get it repaired yourself (i.e. to put into effect what you agreed - no more than that!) then charge them for that cost.

tdlawyer :

Is there anything else you would like me to answer about this for you please?

tdlawyer :

Please remember to rate the answer for me before exiting the chat. Thank you!