13262538

I see my son (13 year old) every other weekend and half of

Customer Question

I see my son (13 year old) every other weekend and half of the school holidays, we live 100 miles apart, this is ok and has been agreeable to both me and my Ex wife (we're now divorced after 5 years apart). All things with regards ***** ***** children have been ok all along. Now i'm with someone else (18 months) (my ex also lives with a new partner 2 1/2 years) my ex is demanding to meet my partner before we go on holiday together with my son and her two children (9 & 11), and has said if she doesn't she will make it difficult for me to see him by getting access written up by a court order for exactly what is in place already weekends / holidays etc, and also she said she would have it written into the order that my partner would not be allowed any where near my son while i had him.
My question is, can she do this or not?
Many thanks, Chris.
Just to check - your son has met your partner and her children and gets on fine with them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Yes my son has known about my girlfriend since we met 18 months ago, we have all been for days out before, with her 2 children too, they play on x-box together, we spent most of last Christmas day all together (last year was my xmas with him), my girlfriend gets on with my son and he gets on very well with her and her two boys, there is no problems there at all. My ex knows all this too.

Thanks,

Chris.

has your ex given any specific reason for her objection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only in that she has now "demanded" to meet her before we go away in Oct half term as we would all be sleeping "under the same roof" for the first time, this hasn't happened yet, my son is happy for us to all to be going away to Cornwall. She had her new partner sleeping under the same roof as my son 2 1/2 years ago, the very same night she told my son they were going out together, double standards to me I think?

My girlfriend has said she does 't think she will come to Cornwall with us if this is going to drag my son through court for no real reason as she said she couldn't do that to him, my son is a bit upset she may not be coming as he was looking forward to us all going away together. I still want us all to go away, but this threat of court is hanging over us.

thanks

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know if you got my last reply? So I'll re type it here.

Only in that she has now "demanded" to meet her before we go away in Oct half term as we would all be sleeping " under the same roof" for the first tim, this hasn't happened yet. My son is happy for us all to be going away to Cornwall. She had her new partner sleeping under the same roof as my so. 2 1/2 years ago the very same night she told my son they were going out together, which was about 6 weeks before I met him.

My girlfriend has said she doesn't think she will come to cornwall with us if this is going to drag my son through court for no real reason as she said she couldn't do that to him. My son is a bit upset that she may not be coming as he was looking forward to us all going away together. I still want us to all go away butvthis threat of court is hanging over us.

thanks

phone reception is a bit bad here

Please do not worry.
In the unlikely event that she does try court action your ex will lose as there is no basis on which the court would make an order restricting the contact with your new partner
In fact the Order could well benefit you more than her since it would remove any control that she thinks that she has.
It may be that this is just a moment of irrationality - and on that basis I suggest that you write a calm letter pointing out that your son has met your partner and that you would do nothing to place him at risk.
Say that you are sure that she has no wish for the expense of unnecessary proceedings and point out that at 13 it is your son's wishes that will be followed by the court.
You can direct her to this website
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Clare, I've ticked the "excellent service" smiley face for you.

Thank you again

Take care

Chris

You are most welcome - i hope all goes well