75100385

i have had a terrlble abusive letter from my daughterin law

Customer Question

i have had a terrlble abusive letter from my daughterin law it was shocking can i do anything about it
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What exactly has she said please?

Customer:

sshe she said i was evil that i had terrible table manners and spat food all over the table which of course i didnt she said i was a narccitist my husband died 2 years ago and she said i hope he gets pl=enty of rest before you join him we wetre married 55 years she said i could not have any more contact with my grandchildren she says she hates me said she didnt know how my husband put up with me we had a very happy marriage shshe dent all the present back i bought for them when i was there she was so nice to me when i was on holiday i just cant believe this e has stopped me from phoning my son to explain the lies she has told in every paragragh was you are an evil woman i had a specil bond with my grandson she has now stopped him from bein g in touch he came for holidays to me she said i had no love as a child she knows nothing about my childhood i bought a blouse for my grandaughter she said it was a blouse for a slut what was i thinking of buying it she said i spoiled my grandsons birthday i took them all out for ameal which we enjoyed she said i was a selfish women who was noisy at night and kept them awake which isnt true i am 77 and i have to get up in the night i tried to be quiet so as not to disturb anyone she is a very controlling person

Alex Watts : But to be clear it is nothing indecent or grossly offensive ?
Customer:

so it is ok to say someone is evil and wicked when it isnt true

Customer:

you have dug yourself into a hole you cant get out of and im glad becauuse you will never see your grandson again because he hates youy and your son never wants to hear your name spoken again in this house

Customer:

i am a christian and i find it grossly offensive to be called evil and wicked when i am not i wish id kept the letter as i cant remember it all i am going to write to her myself if she can get away with this i will put all my feelings down

Customer:

i wish i hadnt bothered to consult you as i think it was a waste of money i should have known better

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afraid.
Alex Watts : The law says that it is only an offewnc ppp
Alex Watts : The law says that it is only an offence if it is grossly incident or offensive
Alex Watts : If it is not grossly indecent or grossly offensive it is not an offence.
Alex Watts : However you can stop it from happening again by taking out an injunction. You would need to issue proceedings in the county court. The court would list the matter for a hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction.
Alex Watts : If the duaghter in law breaches the injunction she can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : but although nasty it is not a criminal offence so the police won't prosecute, but you can take civil action.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you think i shoulld write her a letter or should i just ignore it

I would just ignore it - do not stoop to the same level.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you that is what i thoughthow do i cancel the monthly subscription

You need to contact customer services please.