Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

Hi I am in the final steps of moving to Australia. I have my

Customer Question

Hi I am in the final steps of moving to Australia. I have my visa and activated it by landing, leased a house and some of my goods are already there and the remainder ships in two weeks. I'm back to resign from my company and close things down. I need to replace my 30 year old will and would like to complete it on my Australian address covering property in bothAustralia and the Uk. Can I write one will from my Australian address to cover property in Australia and the Uk?
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You can draft it with your current UK address.
The law expects that people will change addresses and the fact your address is currently in the UK is not a problem.
The will is valid and you can use your current UK address. The will has to be correct as at the day that it is made.
I hope this makes sense.
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Leon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The other part of the question was about my UK property. Can the Australian will cover my UK property and it be probated in Australia.
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning
Yes it can cover the UK property.
It is probated in Australia and then you get a reseal in the UK.
I hope this clears that up.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning Barbare
I look forward to hearing from you.
Leon