75100385

my neighbour has demolished my boundary hedge and erected a

my neighbour has demolished my boundary hedge and erected a wall. there has been no attempt at infill between the wall and my property and no rendering of the wall, is he obliged to carry out these rectifications, also can i get him to reimburse me for damage done to my hedge, I was informed the wall was being built, however they just demolished the dedge and have left a lot of damage behind

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Who owned the hedge, was it you?

Customer:

Yes I owned the hedge and it was on my side of the property

Alex Watts :

Then you can report it for criminal damage. This has damaged your property (the hedge) without lawful excuse.

Alex Watts :

In any event the neighbour should make good any work.

Alex Watts :

You need to get 3 quotes for fixing the job, this forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment or the work done within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation

Alex Watts :

Customer:

ok thanks very much for the advice, I will contact him and wait to see what he says