13262538

In a joint tenancy between spouses does the right of survivorship

In a joint tenancy between spouses does the right of survivorship end if the couple divorce? If it does can survivorship be ensured by the former couple naming each other in their respective wills?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The property will remain held as beneficial Joint Tenants (right of survivorship) unless and until it is formally severed with notice being served on the other party.
Even making a Will giving your share to some one else does not automatically sever it - although a Court Order stating that the house is share din unequal shares will.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

In order to be specific, your answer indicates that the right of survivorship does continue following a divorce. Is this my correct interpretation?

Regards,

Michael

Yes it does unless there is a separate court order within the proceedings that states otherwise