UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi. I am currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 -Intra company

Hi. I am currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 -Intra company transfer visa (short term) while my husband is in the US. However, my husband is planning to move to the UK on a Tier 2 - General visa. Can I switch to a Tier - 2 dependent visa when he comes and will I be subjected to the cooling off period that applies to the Tier 2- intra company transfer visa?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Having extensively reviewed the immigration rules relating to points based system dependents, there is nothing stated in the rule preventing you from switching to a Tier 2 dependent visa from inside the UK.
Because you will be switching to a tier 2 dependent visa from tier 2 ICT and not a tier 2 general visa, the 12 months cooling period is also not applicable to you.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.