12826847

Hello, My maternity leave started on 12th August 2014. On

Hello, My maternity leave started on 12th August 2014. On 17th August 2014 I came back to Lithuania for labour. SMP period will end on 12th May 2015 and I coming back to UK to start my job.( I have NI number and I live in UK for 5 years and employed). When I been pregnant I was living with my husband, but now he found another girlfriend and we are divorcing. So, I will be a single mom. When I coming back to UK I don't have where to stay, so I leave my baby boy in Lithuania till I will find help from goverment as single mum. Could you tell me what I need to start from? where I need to go for help, what kind of documents do I need?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Sorry if I'm missing the point but what benefits were you hoping to claim? You seem to be in work?
Or have I misinterpreted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Jo

I would like to know, can I start claim benefits such as Child benefits, SSP while me and my son are in Lithuania. I came to Lithuania just to spend my maternity leave with my family, I coming back to UK in April. The question is : Can I claim for this benefits from Lithuania, what kind of document do I need to send and is it save?

No.
You have to claim in the UK.
You can claim for a child living elsewhere if you have paid tax in the UK.
But the claim must be made in the UK and you must be resident in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** your answer.

I am planning to leave child in Lithuania for 2 years. when I will come back to UK alone, where I need to ask help to claim for a child living elsewhere, because I'm resident in the UK 5 years already and paid tax.

You just claim at the DWP
You will need to prove the existence of the child and also be aware that the Government are looking at removing child benefit for non resident children. They haven't done it yet but there are continual threats.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice