UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been told that 'there is now a cap on the amount of

I have been told that 'there is now a cap on the amount of compensation you can be awarded to unfair dismissal. The cap is one year's gross pay and you won't be able to claim more than this from a tribunal'. Does this relate to me if I resigned over two years ago and started a claim shortly after?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
No, the cap will not apply to you.
It only applies to people who were dismissed on or after 29 July 2013.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've already had this question answered and I have now submitted my Schedule of Loss anyway. However, please can you tell me whether you agree that some judges are using this as a guide to make decisions for cases before this date - as I've been advised elsewhere? Please would also mind looking at my other question - which I posted yesterday and no one has answered yet and relates to the same issue. You will obviously get credited separately for that question? I see that your specialism is not employment though.