UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I ordered a wall mounted shower unit but was on holiday for

I ordered a wall mounted shower unit but was on holiday for 2 weeks when it arrived my neighbour took it in her house till we got back.
When I one day after our return went through the separate box's to label what in each box ,one of the items was damaged with three small scratches,as it was a Friday w hen I found out and the Plummer was to start the following Monday left me with a problem which meant I had to buy another wall unit locally,I emailed the shop I bought the faulty item from about the problem to which they replied with was sorry but as I did not report it by7days after the order I was not entitled to a refund.
Is this correct ,as I will end up with something I have no need of through no fault of my own
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : What method of payment did you use for the shower please?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid the shop is wrong as the unit was faulty and under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), the shop is liable to replace the faulty unit, repair it, or offer you a refund, at its discretion.

You cannot force the shop owner to give you a refund but you could negotiate with them to see if they are willing to let you pick something else from their shop for a similar value.

The 7 days cooling off period (it is now 14 days) is not relevant in your case as the good were faulty and your rights are under the Sale of Goods Act.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience