75100385

Hi Alex, You answered a question I placed last week but, due

Hi Alex,
You answered a question I placed last week but, due to my inability to set up a proper log in and lack of response from the hosts I requested a refund. However, if we can start again I would be very grateful.
What do I need to do?
Alex Watts : Hello and thank you for requesting me again.
Alex Watts : I am happy to help if you could explain the situation a little more.
Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

A party obtained a judgment against me in The London Central Court for £23,490 in December 2010 and the same party applied for my Bankruptcy in September 2011. I was fully discharged in December 2012 and my administrator confirmed I had settled all my obligations to this parry. I have conatcted the Central London Court and sent the required £70.00 but do not seem to be abler to have this judgment removed.

Alex Watts : Judgment or bankruptcy removed?
Customer:

The judgment.

Customer:

As the judgment has been satisfied

Customer:

I am sorry if my earlier message was insufficiently clear but would welcome your constructive advice soonest.

Alex Watts : The judgement has been satisfied but is still showing on the report?
Customer:

Yes!

Customer:

The judgment was satisfied by my bankruptcy and I have correspondence from my Administrator in Bankruptcy specifically confirming this. I will be happy to send you the copy correspondence if it helps you.

Customer:

Alex, I am receiving emails informing me you have answered my question and asking me to rate your service. Both a little premature, wouldn't you say.

Alex Watts : So is the judgement saying it has been sataified or not satisfied?
Alex Watts : dont worry about the emails they are system generated
Customer:

Alex, It is still showing as unsatisfied with the major credit reference agencies and the court have not informed the Registry that it has been satisfied. Otherwise I would not be worrying about it. Please see attached letter from my Administrator ........ but I'm not sure if it has successfully been attached!

Alex Watts : But can you confirm whether the whole judgment was paid or just included in bankruptcy so not all of it was paid?
Customer:

No it was included in my bankruptcy. The party were the petitioner for my bankruptcy. The administrator confirmed I had fully satisfied my obligation to this creditor and specifically named them in their correspondence to me.

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afriad. The debt was included in the bankruptcy but it was not satisifed il full. What a bankruptcy does is stop them taking further action. But the credit report is right
Alex Watts : If for example the debt was £5000 and they got £1000 from the bankruptcy, the account would still show £4000
Alex Watts : This is because bankruptcy only prevents a creditor from taking further action. It does not mean the debt is not owing - they just can't enfroce it
Alex Watts : So sadly the information is accurate, even if you took it to court a judge wouldn't order that it is rectified
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Alex, Thank you for this full answer. I am a little confused because all my credit cards, banks etc have all shown the debts as 'satisfied' with a zero balance once informed of my discharge from bankruptcy which removes them as a negativity on my credit report. Also, if I really can't change it how long will it hang as a millstone around my neck?
Alex Watts : It's a matter for each creditor I am sorry, technically the balance was never paid so it's a discretionary matter for the creditor.
Alex Watts : I am sorry
Customer:

Thank you Alex.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience