75100385

Arik Airline has refused to refund our tickets money which

Arik Airline has refused to refund our tickets money which we incurred as a result of them changing changing the departure time without notifying us. I also requested for compensation as we needed to stay an extra two days.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you
Alex Watts : For now please let me know how you paid for the tickets?
Alex Watts : For now please let me know how you paid for the tickets please?
Customer:

The new tickets which were paid for in cash into the bank account details of the airline.

Customer:

The original tickets were paid for via online from my account details.

Alex Watts : Did you have travel insurance ?
Customer:

No, I don't have travel insurance.

Alex Watts : Why not?
Customer:

Because I didn't take any.

Alex Watts : Yes but why? Do the airline have a UK office?
Customer:

Their head office is in Nigeria. They don't have a main office , but have travel agents here in the UK. This was why I was given an email address to write to them. Email address is this *****@******.***

Alex Watts : Yes but I need to know why you did not take travel insurance when one would have expected you to do so, as it wou
Alex Watts : as it would cover things like this
Customer:

I didn't feel it was necessary at the time.

Alex Watts : Where was the travel to please?
Customer:

From UK to Lagos, Nigeria to UK. So it was on our way back from Lagos, Nigeria to UK that the departure time was changed.

Alex Watts : Ok, that will be a problem not having insurance
Alex Watts : The law expects you to have it to minimise your losses. However I will tell you how to issue a claim etc
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Everything is clear. Thanks a lot.