LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

my husband was overdoesed in hospital with insulin and

Customer Question

my husband was overdoesed in hospital with insulin and unfortunately died where do i go from here. The police are getting involved.

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

When did this happen? Has there been an inquest?

Customer:

it happened 22nd august 2014 there was a postmortem

Customer:

as i have no funds will i be entitled to legal aid

LondonlawyerJ :

OK. I am not sure what outcome you are hoping for. It may well be that your husband was the victim of clinical negligence. You may well be able to claim compensation as a result of this. It may be that you want an acknowledgement from the hospital about what has happened and a credible assurance that this will not happen again. In either case you will probably need an expert solicitor, you can follow this link http://www.avma.org.uk/pages/find_a_solicitor.html to the website of the Association of the Victims of Medical Accidents and chossea local solicitor to help you.

Customer:

thanks I have the records showing that the nurse overdosed and if I can get compensation all very well and good but the hospital should get rid of that nurse. If there is compensation how do i get it.

Customer:

you went away from chat when i had not finished asking questions

LondonlawyerJ :

You should use the website link I have given you. AVMA is the professional body fro solicitors specialising in claiming for victims of medical accidents. They can also help with inquiries and monitor and help you contribute to disciplinary proceedings.

Customer:

thank you I will give them a try;

Customer:

thanks I will try and get in touch with them later