75100385

I have a residents parking permit, but on the 5th September

I have a residents parking permit, but on the 5th September I got a PCN for parking in a bay that had been suspended for tree trimming. The sign was not up on the 4th September when I parked and I wrote to appeal saying there must be laws for a time limit on such suspensions. Camden wrote back and said that the sign was put up on the 23rd August. If it was put up then, then it must have been removed by someone as it was not up on the 4th. Furthermore another person that got a ticket went on holiday on the 30th August and she says there was no sign up on the 30th August.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you asked for photographic evidence please?
Customer:

They supplied photographic evidence of me parked there. I presume they have photographic evidence of the sign being placed there on the 23rd August as they said in their reply they can confirm their suspension records.

Customer:

The lady who says it was not there on the 30th August is prepared to say this.

Alex Watts : Ok then you can appeal. The lady who witnessed this would also need to attend any tribunal.
Alex Watts : You should wirte and set out your position. Include a short statement from the lady who confirms the situation. The council should then consider the matter carefully.
Alex Watts : If you get the norice to owner then you can formally appeal. It will go before an adjudicator
Alex Watts : The adjudicator will then decide whether to uphold the appeal.
Alex Watts : But the lady needs to attend with you and confirm what she saw
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please
Customer:

Yes, although the Council may have put up the sign, if someone takes it down who is responsible for the people parking there with a residents permit, surly the council have a responsibility as I think it was put up (possibly for eht second time) overnight on the 4th to 5th September.

Alex Watts : Yes that is not your fault if you did not know about it.
Alex Watts : As long as it was not there for say a weekday are ok. But a day I would say you are fine
Customer:

But is there anything legal, like Camden has the resposibility

Customer:

If there is nothing then this system is way open to corruption, sign goes up, parking man comes, takes photo, you are up a gummy

Alex Watts : indeed
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything else?
Customer:

No that is it will let you know if it fails, thanks, Mary

Alex Watts : happy to help Mary
Alex Watts : If this does answer the question might I invite you to rate my answer before you go, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply