12826847

I have tailgated out of airports for many years without paying

I have tailgated out of airports for many years without paying but finally I have been spotted doing it at gatwick and have a recorded delivery from the airport police saying I may have committed a criminal offence and to contact them within nine days for an interview about the matter what could be the consequences of my actions? Many thanks kevan pettit
What do you mean by tailgated in this instance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I mean i followed the car out of the car park the barrier went up and I followed it out about a foot from the rear bumper

What do you mean? Just the car in front of you?
Or a police car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car in front was a ordinary car leaving the car park he had paid put his ticket in machine the barrier went up he left with me following close behind there is cc to everywhere and have been for years but in all that time this is the only time I have been pulled for it I would have thought it would have come from the company running get the car park but police have contacted me first no other letter

it is surprising that the police are interested in this.
I suppose they could charge it as a fraud but that is very unlikely.
The other alternative is something under the RTA like careless driving. That would just carry points and a fine.
Its very unlikely to be an offence involving dishonesty. There are other penalties for not paying parking fees.