Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I would like to obtain an apostles stamp on an offenders information

I would like to obtain an apostles stamp on an offenders information sheet. There isn't any signature on it, it just a print out from the CRO.
I need it to apply for a temporary residents permit to Russia. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
In order to have something Appostilled you will have to take the document to the Legalisation Office - https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised - I would not recommend doing this through a third party agent because they will charge extra unnecessarily.
Who issued the document?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The document was issued by the North Yorkshire Police.

I thought it was impossible to get a document legalised as there is no signature or authenticating stamp.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
If they wont legalise the document, then you have to have it notarised (by a solicitor/notary) before it can be legalised and apostilled.
So you do not waste money having it notarised un-necessarily - check with the legalisation office whether they will legalise the document for you?
Is the place where you are applying for the Visa based in England or Russia?>
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The temporary residents permit is only available in Russia. A document listing any (or non) convictions is required and must be authenticated with an apostle stamp. I have already has several visas which only require a note of any convictions, no official documents are required.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
You can only have a CRB record document legalised if it has been signed by the issuing authority or certified.
On that basis you will need to go to a solicitor and have them certify the document.
Will they accepted a legalised and certified copy of the document or does it have to be an original?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think they will accept the document so long as it has be authenticated as genuine.