12826847

20 years ago my daughter in law received a 6 month driving

20 years ago my daughter in law received a 6 month driving ban. While she was on this ban she sent off for a provisional driving licence using my surname. She then went in for her driving test and passed. She has driven ever since but she has worried about it ever since. Is there a Statute of Limitations on whatever this offence is? Is it a serious offence and what should she do to sort this out. She wants to revert back to her maiden name. She is 39 years of age with a young child. She lives alone but needs her car for her employment.
Why did she use your surname?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because her mother also used my surname when we got married.

Yes, but its not her name I presume?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it's not her surname. She used it because she was banned from driving in her own name. I am asking the question, is the offence still punishable after all this time and how serious is it. ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question.....

Yes, it is I'm afraid.
It is not perverting the course of justice because there isn't a course of justice.
It is possibly a perjury depending on whether she signed anything amounting to an oath.
Most likely though, its a fraudulent offence of some kind. The use of a different name to the one in which she was disqualified was just plain an attempt to circumvent the ban and that is an offence.
That is an either way offence so it can be prosecuted belatedly. Obviously they are unlikely to find her now but its a risk.
There are no ways of making this go away I'm afraid. She can return to using her own name as she wishes and ask the DVLA to change their records to reflect that. That will at least ensure that she is using her correct name but it will not remove the way in which this came about I'm afraid.