12826847

A few months ago I evicted a tenant from my house because he

Customer Question

A few months ago I evicted a tenant from my house because he didn't pay rent. My brother is now living in the property and has to deal with previous tenant showing up for his mail. I don't want him showing up because he was destructive and I'm concerned he may become agressive if we refuse to deal with him. Can I name him on a bad tenant website.
Are you proposing to say anything untrue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm telling the truth. I just received an alert informing me you had a response but there is nothing
You are perfectly free to post as publicly as you like as long as what you say is truthful and accurate.
It is as simple as that. You are free to tell the truth in the UK. You need to avoid inflammatory comments like calling him a bad tenant. Just set out in detail what he has actually done that you can prove. Then he will be displeased probably but there is nothing he can do about it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I inform the previous tenant he must not come to my property. He keeps coming to collect his mail and he has had time to redirect it. He doesn't want creditors to know his new address. Is it illegal to throw away his mail and refuse to talk to him.
If you have evicted him lawfully then you can tell him that he should not be letting themselves in.
You cannot stop him collecting his post but you can forward it onto him.
You cannot throw his post away. There is a specific offence covering that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is refusing to leave a forwarding address, he insists on collecting his mail from my property which is unacceptable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I didn't get an answe.r to my follow up question. Are you busy?
You can always put it back in the post saying return to sender.

Just send him one text or email setting down that he must either produce an address or you will take this action.

You cannot disrupt the post but you can return items.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help. Regards Joanne
No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.