Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

can we legally give our house to our son?

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You are legally entitled to give your property to your son if this is what you want.

As regards ***** ***** raising a Mortgage, I can'r give you a 100% guarantee on this point, as it woul ddepend on his income and you have mentioned that the type of construction is unknown, so this may deter the Bank/ Building Society from lending.

On a general point, you must remeber that if you do proceed, then you lose the legal ownership of your property, and ciircumstances out of your control (eg your son's premature death/him getting divorced or being made bankrupt) may mean you end up homeless.

I would ask that your son looks into the Mortgage aspect further, and if he gets the all clear, then I would strongly recommend that you discuss matters in general with your own Solicitor before deciding to proceed.

I hope this asists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL