12826847

WhenI buy on the internet a bespoke product that will become

WhenI buy on the internet a bespoke product that will become part of the fabric of my house and I am offered and take up interest free finance. What rights do I have to cancel the product order and /or the finance and what time limits.
What is the product please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Windows and doors fitted which I intend to purchase
Have they offered any cooling off rights?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

14 days for the product purchase but what about the finance

Well, it depends. You need to check that carefully as they are two separate products.
If this is a bespoke product then you cannot rely on the distance selling regulations. This is made to specification so the DSR doesn't apply. You do have 14 days under the contract to cancel which you can exercise if that is what the contract says.
However, the finance is an entirely different arrangement. You need to check the terms of your contract. On the whole though, if you can cancel the product purchase then the finance falls away as there is no need for the finance. If the contract were properly performed the finance company would pay the merchant and you would pay the finance company. Since they cannot pay the merchant because you would have cancelled there is nothing to repay.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Presumably if I cancelled the finance I would have to pay for the goods some other way.

Are there any financial services regulations that apply?

presumably also if they do not offer a cooling off period for the product then there isn't one available. so would a general cooling off period apply or do I have to check the contract for the supply of goods.

You may not be able to cancel the finance alone. It depends what your agreement says.
The financial services regulations do apply but they don't stop them enforcing a contract.
You could always accept the finance and then repay it immediately.
A cooling off period doesn't apply to goods that are made to measure.