Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Hi, I've been to court and my solicitor has told that he applied

Customer Question

I applied for a legal aid, I signed for that my husband and I and after that I received a letter in which I have to pay £807.00 If I can't pay these money, is can take my husband car, is there any chance to take his car if I cannot pay?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, is ok I will wait .

The problem is because I spock with the Lega Aid Agency and they told me that I can pay minimum, but I want to make sure that is not gone a affect my husband to take any property from him.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like you to continue to search for someone

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If the debt is in your name only and the car is in your husbands name only, then they cannot take the care. A creditor cannot enforce against the assets that are solely owned by your husband they can only enforce against those assets which belong to you or are jointly owned by you and your husband. In any event with the jointly owned assets - they would have to be sold and then the proceeds split between your creditor and your husband.
Can you provide me with any further information?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've been arrested after an incident in which it is alleged that I caused bodily harm to one of my house mate. I will tell you the story. So I came from a shopping day one of my house mate were eating with his girlfriend in the kitchen in one side of the table I put my shopping bag in the other side of the table I haven't said anything to them at all, my house mate start punching in the table saying way I'm disturbing them I said to him that the kitchen is for all of as, he come around to the other side of table trying to punch me I went one step back and he didn't, after that he went back to hi's sit and his girlfriend came to attack me she was pushing me, punch me and after she took a knife my house mate when saw that come to grab her to don't do something bed and when I push her back she stump him in his neck but to cover her they said that I did it. the good think is that the police did take all knife from the house but in none of them was founded my fingerprint. What's can happen to me if they steel saying that. Plus the officers which arrested as said that they were smeling of alcohol

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
The police will have all this evidence. They will have to decide whether to charge you or charge them.
If the evidence clearly shows that they are lying and unreliable witnesses then you should not have anything to worry about.
Also the most important thing is to make your statement consistent. If you have given the police a statement make sure you are able to stick to those facts consistently.
If you currently have legal aid they will be able to advise you of all of this.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no experience at all with these and the legal aid didn't give me much information about that. when I've been to court I were inside for five minutes and they told me to come back on 24th November. on the letter which I received from the solicitor is saying; "that this will be a contested trial. When I have to return to the court for what is termed a plea and case management hearing. On this date you will enter not guilty pleas to these matters and you case will then be adjourned again for trial on 20th April 2015".

What's that mean, What's can happen, with out saying the same like I said to police what else I can do to stick to those facts consistently. Can you please give some advice?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
This is all part of the process. You enter you enter your plea and the court will consider the evidence.
The police will have to give evidence as well. The police are not the once prosecuting you, it is called the Crown Prosecution Service. The police will not just change the assessment of the facts.
When you speak to your legal aid solicitor, ask them when you can expect to receive evidence from the police. Also ask them what the nature of their defence will be for you.
I am happy to continue this dialogue and any feedback is gratefully received.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will ask and I'll get back to you. Thank you so much for the answers, It was very helpful.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
No problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ