12826847

I was wondering if I can ask for a hearing date [at the Magistrates

I was wondering if I can ask for a hearing date [at the Magistrates Court] to be deferred more than once? I have already moved the hearing date but wish to do so again.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This Court appearance will be the third one in just over a year. I am a hackney carriage owner and have been prosecuted by the local Council for a breach of a bye-law of over-ranking. The position has been made difficult due to the fact United Utilities have been undertaking major works in the area, thereby causing a temporary taxi rank to be established. This rank is for one car up to 10:00pm and has no restriction after that time. As this is the third time the Council have prosecuted me I believe I am being targeted, bullied and harassed by one member of the Licensing Team.

The prosecution has been brought about by the use of CCTV and I am awaiting an ICO report to see if the use of these cameras is lawful in the first place. I currently have no legal adviser.

What is the reason for the previous adjournments?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There has only been one request to adjourn the date of this third hearing as I was the best man at a wedding in Spain.

You can ask the Court to move the date as many times as you like. Nobody can stop you making the application. The question is whether they will agree.
You need a really good reason to move a court hearing. Probably the reason they agreed to your original request is that it fell within the remit of a pre booked holiday.
I don't know what your grounds are this time? They will accept normally something like a medical reason. Another reason would be being physically unable to attend due to something like being in police custody. A second pre booked holiday might not go down well but you could try.