12826847

I signed a three months lease for a space within an antiques

I signed a three months lease for a space within an antiques centre 2 days ago. No money has changed hands and the commencement date of the lease is 1st of October. Due to unforeseen circumstances we can no longer go ahead with the agreement. Are we liable or can we just inform the antiques centre of these facts and walk away? We were not given a copy of the lease.
Did you agree a notice period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not verbally. It was said that provided we told them at the beginning of the 3rd month that we didn't want to say that was the end of the commitment. We just wondered if because we only signed on Tuesday that there may be a cooling off period which allows you to change you r mind
Not unless you agreed one I'm afraid.
You are locked in immediately when you sign contracts save for limited exceptions.
If you give notice immediately then they are under an obligation to seek another tenant and if they are able to find one release you from your liability.
Its really no more complicated than that I'm afraid.
I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.