13262538

My wife and I have been married 10 months and we both have

Customer Question

My wife and I have been married 10 months and we both have been subjected to emotional abuse. She has left the house I live in (mothers and is under her name) on three previous occasions and has done so again. She has however stated that she will wait 2 months to see how we get along so a formal separation, but yesterday another argument occurred and she again blocked my balls and texts. She does have evidence that I have said inappropriate things via text messages but that was some time back. She has also said very abusive verbal outbursts and has been verbally abusive to my mother on a few occasions. She has not contributed to the household since she moved in and stated that her priority from marriage was to pay off her debts and she felt she could do that as I'm a doctor. My questions are: 1. I am considering a legal separation based on the fact that she has ceased contact with me from today. I understand there is a form to fill out and it costs approximately £350. Would that be a desirable choice based on the lack of contact and uncertainty regarding the marriage. Can I instigate this without discussing it with her? 2. My wife has asked me to wait 2 months and in 2 months will be a year and that is the only time when divorce can occur. I have no assets or savings, and the house is in my mother's name. Is she entitled to anything if this proceeds with a divorce? There are no children involved

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
How long have you actually lived together and how much do you each earn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lived together since November 2013 but she has left home 4 times and stays at her parents home for a week or two. She left again last Saturday and I would like to end it.

I earn about 45000 at the moment. I have been advised by a colleague to go for a legal separation. She earns 18000 .

There is nothing that you can apply for at the moment.
There is no point in signing a Separation Agreement since it is likely that there will be a divorce within a couple of months so by the time you have negotiated the agreement you may as well go for a Clean Break Order within the Divorce proceedings.
The short nature of your relationship makes it unlikely that you will be liable for anything other than a one off small lump sum payment - if that.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further help