29905560

Hi, I have a criminal record for Fraud....would I need to

Customer Question

I have a criminal record for Fraud....would I need to declare this for Car and Home Insurance
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Have you checked the application documentation to see if this required? Have you been specifically asked to declare anything at this stage?

JACUSTOMER-xo3btoj9- :

Hi Ben,

JACUSTOMER-xo3btoj9- :

Majority of the companies do require but are there companies for car insurance that asks for only motoring convictions only??

Ben Jones :

I cannot advise you of any specific companies that do not ask for any convictions apart from motoring ones, this is not a legal issue that you would ask a lawyer about, you have to look around and search for the ones that may do this. But whatever insurance you apply for you would need to truthfully answer any questions they ask you so if they are asking you to declare previous convictions, whether motoring ones or not, then obviously you would have to do so. Therefore, it all depends on the questions that they ask you at the application stage

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you