13262538

hiya.my husband wants to gets divorce

hiya.my husband wants to get divorce.we have been married for 3 but have been living together for 12 years.we have a house which is on his name valued at 220000 and mortgage left 10000.we have a 10 year old son .i would like to know what i can get from him.his wages is 2080 pm and mine 800pounds pm, i will be taking care of my son.we will be moving out.and also what happens if we want to have a clean break.how much would i get.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hiya.I would like to get an answer.I will wait.I want to know if we end up in court what are my chances.what will I get if I have a clean break.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it was he will be moving out

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
How much would a cheaper two bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hiya.a maisonette 2 bedroom costs about 180000.but our one is 2 bedroom house.it was valued at 220000 2 years ago.

Do you actually want to move out of the property - or would you rather stay there until your child is 18 (without your ex)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i would like to stay but i havent made my mind up yet.i might want to move but i cant afford it .if i move it would be bact to Turkey where my family lives

Will your ex agree to your taking the child to Turkey to live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not yet but he will has to.i cant stay without home here if we sell it.and he knows i am the one who takes care of our son.but then that is just a possibility i havent decided yet.

Sorry just to check - is the outstanding mortgage £10,000 or £100,000?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

10000

You will need either your ex's permission or an order from the court to take the child to Turkey to live.
When you separate your ex will have to pay child maintenance of £300 a month at most.
He is also under a duty to help you house the child until the child is 18 - so if you wish to remain in the property (without your ex) - or alternatively for the house to be sold and you purchase an alternative property - your child is 18 or your ex cohabits that would be possible
When the house is sold I would expect you to receive 50% of the equity - possibly 60% if there is a Clean Break.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If i stay in the house and he moves out would he still has to pay the mortgage and the bills.? and Am i gonna get any spousal maintenance.Because i wont be able to afford the bills and the mortgage.

thank you

If he moves out you will be expected to pay the bills from your income form all sources including child and spouse maintenance
You eligibility for spouse maintenance is relatively small - maybe £100 a month
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.