75100385

I'm setting up a dog social networking site which offers dog

I'm setting up a dog social networking site which offers dog owners the ability to be able to download template posters to stick around town with the name of their dog club on it, inviting folk to join. As the website owner and copyright owner of the artwork within the poster, do not want to be responsible for where the poster is put as someone might post it illegally on private property. Can you provide me with disclaimer wording so that I am not responsible for where they post the flyer and that they must ensure that they have the permission if required to post it whereever they choose to put it up? Hope that makes sense!
thanks
Sarah

Are you in effect encouraging people to do this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo, Yes I am encouraging people to download the template advert for their local dog club and post it up around town in their local village hall etc but I just need a disclaimer that i will put at the bottom that says the site does not take responsibility for any legal action that may be follow if the website user has taken it upon themself to post it somewhere where they don't have permission.

does this help?

thanks

Sarah

Sorry, not my area then.
I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks

Hello Sarah
I can consider a short disclaimer if that helps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please! thanks :-)

The Promotor is not responsible for the distribution or otherwise of any promotional material. No liability will be accepted or any loss however caused by the distribution of promotional material.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by the promotor. The promotor is the website user promoting his own club via the use of a website-branded template. Does this work better:

We shall not be liable for the distribution or otherwise of any promotional material provided by the site. No liability will be accepted or any loss however caused by the distribution of such promotional material.

Yes if you prefer that is fine too.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience