Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience

I am a uk citizen iof 67years ling in uk retired

Customer Question

I am a uk citizen iof 67years ling in uk retired and on State pension and want to get my future wife who was born in uk in Liverpool 29 years ago, and has lived most of that time in Ghana. She and I want when over to marry and her to be fully uk . What can be done tto get her home and over herer by say jan feb next yar and as uk cittizen as she is still in my eyes. Thank you . What and where can I get furter advice p[lease. Thank you Andrew XXXXXXX my email addrees is *****@******.*** or *****@******.*** if want my phone is XXXXX XXXXXX. Thank you so much for your replay A

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

What is your wife's date of birth and did her parents have UK nationality or settled status when she was born in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She was 29 on 5th September. i am not completely sure. Wiil ask her and come back if ok. Thanks Andrew . Will ttext her and see if can imediately respond. . have just dsent questions, dont know how long to answer and what info she has. Will reply here when have . thank you . Andrew. will this form reappear for future use on this question please Andrew . or how should reply when gert info when ewver . tthankd Andrew

Thank you. I will wait for you to come back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Sir, thank you for your responce it would appear i have got rthe info previouslywrong. i am therrefore putting the responce i got to your quuestions. fist inital responce . as followas from my fiance as follows :-

for get: here is info about me and my parents darling
for get: CHILD'S NAME :......................YEBOAH XXXXXXXX
DATE OF BIRTH:......................5TH SEPTEMBER,1985
WHERE BORN:........................UNITED STATES
FATHER NAME:.......................STEVEN XXXX
NATIONALITY:.........................UNITED STATES

this is herr info to question. i now am sending her uncles info hw has reserched in GhaNA, FRON his lawer, but it seems to be only ref there end and dont know how integrates with youirs. so her it is. Thanks and will hppily persue further if need be thankk you Andrew. frm her uncle as follows . Please forgive the coversational nature of our messaging back and forth.

My Fiance called Pat by me wrote this wirth her uncle as below ref from the Ghana perspective. I hope tthis helps. Thank you Andrew.

for get: Hello darling I am with my uncle

adrewtrust: Hi to you and Peter( hor uncle), how are you both ?
for get: We are doing fine Andew and you?
adrewtrust: And thank you to you both for getting info for us from your lawer in Ghana but may not be relivent in uk . . its very helpfull of you. And apreciated. Have sent info to Lawer (uk Barester on imigration) and will await to find out more.
adrewtrust: Am loking throuigh with Google for info i can find. And is interesrting. And marage does maker a difference. A
adrewtrust: Any way enough from me , is loverly to talk to you both ,and again am very greatfull ::
adrewtrust: Am happy to talk about anything
adrewtrust: And have as said , hopeig to have complete plan by end Oct, and as nov dec and early Jan are buisy times, and very extra cost. Am hopeing all will be happening late Jan or Early Feb . Subject to all things going to plan, but can be flerxiable.

for get: Wait a minute

adrewtrust: sorry about typing , Darling Pat is so patient with me and is truly a wonderfull person , and am so privalaged to share our love togerter of each other , andf have enormous respect for her and indeed to you Peter as wll, a true gentleman, and very loved belive me by a certain lady.

for get: i want to explain things to you here what my Lawyer had said to me corning the relocation
adrewtrust: Please do.
adrewtrust: thank you
for get: This is Uncle Peter writing now
adrewtrust: Hi and thank you very much
adrewtrust: The more the inffo the beter the decision

for get: I told my Lawyer about the issue and He said that both passport and the poilice report and the Medical report must be done first .After that he will take the documents to the Ghana High Commission so that they will read from the documents to find out if the passport is valid or legal travel documents so through that the Visa may be granted to the personnel or international organisation and the visa may be granted for single or multiple entry .Visas are valid for a period of three months and must be utilised within three months of the date of issue
for get: Visas valid for up to one year may be granted for specific purposes so he said that the most Important thing needed now is that you will do the payment of the Police report ,Medical report and passport so that it can be taken to the Ghana High Comission which they will use to process for the three months Visa

for get:

And He the Lawyer said that after your wife has come to you he will do help you in every needed ducoments which will support the united kingdom migration to do the registration for your wife for becoming a citizen in the United kingdom

for get: And he will do every documents which they will need for the registration of the citizenship card before the expiration date of the Visa

for get: So that was the statement from my Lawyer here so if you have any question ask me and i will let the Lawyer know and find the solution to that for you

for get: Hope you understand this explanation
adrewtrust: Well that is very interesting. I get the impression , whatt we are talking about is her exit visa, rather than an entry visa to uk issued by uk. but what i think i need to do is to take as your info and give to uk barister, and perhaps send his stuff to you once hes said hjis bit to see where they differ or overlap etc.

So we can b sure all fits together. as if get right can be quick and easy, if get worong could be disaster at either ebnd

adrewtrust: . how do you feel about what i have said.

adrewtrust: i do feel as far as i am concerned i am uterly comitted to Past ,as she will be my wife (i sincerly hop[e she will agree after she sees me lol ) and will if she got repariated by uk uthouraties , of course come with her back to Ghana

adrewtrust: or where ever we go we will go as couple

for get: Everything that you are saying here is right Mr ***** ***** U know that every country has their rules .That is why the lawyer said that if your wife get the Passport ,police report and medical report ,

He will then take those documents to the Ghana high commission and there they will varify the documents to se every needed documents which your wife should have then they can process for the visa for her .and every citizen who want to travel outside the country must have Passport first before every documents can be process .without passport nothing can be stated .that was the stated he mad Sir

THE truth is both may be right. So is best if ok with you if send this to uk lawer and then with his answer send back to you so we both have both sides . and let the lawertes both come to their conclusions and then we can descide exactly what we wuill do.

i hope masy be another week or may be two should see some resdluts for us. But thank you so miuch for what you have done so far and will keep in touch through you ever wonderfull Niece , who adore s you and so do i . thank you,

andf have small hope would be great to have you at our weding , even if only small hope Ac xxx oh and of course your loverly lady , who made me so happy with some beautiful tastefull pic of Pat. it moght be nice to have a family pic of all of you three some ti8nme thaty would be fntastic as far as i am cncernedt

adrewtrust: love you all , and thanks A xxx

for get: You are welcome and Tell your Lawyer that what ever that he dont undertand he shoud make it a list and send it to you so that you can post it to your wife and my lawyer will read and do every necessary thing to help in this Issue

for get: So i will leave everything to your wife now Mr ***** *****
adrewtrust: Just as thouight and agree
for get: Honey i am here now

Andrewtrust: i will when have opinions and we are all happy with what needs toi be done go and get money and send as needed and spend here as needed and will make sure all are indformed at that stage. its my hope info will be ok and answers will co0me back in next couple of weeks to make decision . as to need and excuicution of actions . A xxx: big greatfull and will be laways pricalaged to talk, and give to wonderfull Pat a big hug from me she realy is a true diamond of a pertson, andfd am so lucky to have found her andwill now cherishherfor rest of my life . A xxx
adrewtrust: Thank you both again ,and talk when ever either wants me just text and will come to computer A

for get: Mr Adrews i am here for you and i am doing my possible best for you that your wife can be with you and that is why i have introduced my Lawyer into this Matter .So what i want you to do now is that you try to find the money for the needed ducoments ,The passport ,the medical report and the police report so that by the end of the year your wife can be with you
for get: And for the good heart you have for we both i really appreciate and very greatful .so try to talk to your lawyer so that you can do the payment as soon as possible

Dear Lawer thank you and hop[e this gives a more complete picture for you rto respond to. Thanks Again Andrtew XXXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi am ider pressure to get things done with regard to getting the lady over to uk, for long term and as i intend faily shortly after her arival to get married to her . She is curently natralised as Ghanahan, but was born in usa some 29yesrs ago. what are implications of her comming here and what paters do i need both from ghanha and also from uk for her safe and speedy e#mntry permanayely to uk . was the nub of my guestion. . I lokk forward to heasring from you. as to amswers as soon as is practical . thanks A ndrew. an answer by end of week would be good but if a fwew days longer fine. please feel frree to contactmy by phone or emauil or by letter, but pease can i have some answers soon as its a very important question ie if you have a naturlised lady in Ghana , who ui want to bring to uk. to spend some time , in orhganising whre to live together and then to matty. what are paperwork implcations and needed please . thank you not too complicated i would feel . thanks A xx if not sure pleae tellm e what uk agencies i shoulfd conract to find out as nercessary and as to how mucyh and how long to oibtain , etc

thanks agauin . Andrew

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Basicaly Pat is born in and of usa, but mum and dad diked, so uncle took her to his home in GHana and she was raised there. and is naralised. she is 29 as of last 5th october. and wants to come to uk to be with me and wants to become permanant , presumably when we marry in first couple of months when she is here. i need and want to know watt paperwork is needed a from Ghana for her and also from uk to let her in and alow for wanting for us both to marry for ever in uk .

that is BASICS REST is in info before, but is esentials for you to able get ball rolling.

. Asap. thank you A xxx

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As i think the questio has now become a lot cleRER and simpler . i would aprecviate an answer especially idf is as simplified , as follws. i am 67 year old cittizen of uk boorn in uk, and have no legal or police truoblews at all. i want my Fiace to jouin me in Jan and then stay as we get married and then long term in uk, leading to or including as joint uk citizen aship for her. . she is natralised Ghanan. she is 29 (5th Sept this year). with us perants born in US who died and then uncle raised in Ghana,, and is natralised. Somcan get p[assport and any other irems required fron Ghana . i want to get all uk trquirement s for her to enter and stay in uk with intent to join family ie me and then masrry , early on, and then begin getting or have got uk Citizen shipp.

So need what is necessary for easy enttry and for stay , no children involved but hop[e sytill tto may be have som in due course . . A xxx

please advise ASAP

thanks this is main info and is corect so please. Ask any questiond you need . A xxx

number s xxxxxxxxxxxxx or text on *********** emasil as is. and this is msin info. lots of detail above but please ask rather than use above . Andrew thanks but hope now is simpler.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The question is now much simplyfied. Pat. my fiace is a lady 29 (date of 29th birthday is ***** September 2014) in Ghana, natralised . and of U.S. perents in US as was born there as well.The perents have since sadly died

i am uk life long citizen , single, and born 11/2/1947 in Walthamstow. uk.

She will fly in to join me and as such will marry me and be thus joining family of mine.

She will have ticket paid by uncle in Ghana.

Will have 10 year pasport from Ghana. with her.

She will have a police clean report if needed , a health report again Kleen we expect if needed ,

Finaly i think and also a visa , but think a she will need a perminant visa for entry to uk . to enable her long ternm , staying with me in uk, married ASAP and citizen ship again ASAP again if advuised how please

Hope that is strait fioward and her comming to me is in Last week of JAN in 2015 and wamnt to marry in following two weeks or so or ASAP. and will she need any further bits of paper

.Avised as needed please.

hope this keeps it relalivly simple and look forqzrd now to answer soon please wth iinfo as reqyested . and will then comence instant initialisation of all happening as time is now gettinng shorter please and have been patient fore your answer. A xxx

f need more info is proberbly above but will answer quickly if can answer ASAP.

Best regrds and please advise a rasonable time for answers please . best wish's A xxxxx. ..

phonre muinber 017026686677 and email *****@******.***

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi are you still looking for an answer? do I understand that you are engaged to a ghanaian citizen? IF you want her to com ever to marry she will need to apply for a family settlement visa - you can find the full requirements here:
She will have to pass the language test and you ill need to who there is sufficient income.
Also you need to show the relationship is genuine. There is a suggestion in your question that you have never actually met. If that is correct she will not get a visa.
Can you let me know if you have met her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your fine work so far. The answer is that we have not foirmaly met. So would ask if she got a temporaruy three month visa as visitor to uk for holiday and to be with as visitor to me. Amnd while was ocver we got married ,and then applied for extended visa for her as she would become my responce ability along wioth my groewn up indipendent family.

How would you do it or is it good as i have said . and can once married and applied for extended visa , then begin process for mnaturalisattion to British Citizen i would hope. Is what ia reasonable as my circumstances in this case would be i think obviously ok ref being togeter ( married) and also as have been in uk all my life and wiotrhout any police etc problems . would asuma all could comenvce as she has good English and we wiould not only have met but would be married. As we are in Uk ..

Please adfvbise as to any problems in rthis as per your extra question. Thank you Andrew and with due gratitude.

Andrw Tolett and thanks so far again

Hi Andrew
She can certainly apply for a visitors visa but there is express bar on visitors applying to stay having married here. She would have to leave the UK and apply for a family settlement visa from outside. If she obtained a visa as a visitor and there was any suggestion that she did not intend to leave at the end of her stay then she would be refused entry to the UK.
Andrew it is not for me to tell you what to do but if you have never met this person how can you possibly know that she is genuine or that this is anything more than a scam? has she suggested or asked you to send money? Please do not send any money. Forming supposed relationship over the internet is a know what of scamming people. Please proceed with the utmost caution.