75100385

i applied for tax credits yesterday but i have decided today

i applied for tax credits yesterday but i have decided today that i don't want tax credits now. I don't want to be on benefits and would rather wait until my husband has his rights to work and he can then earn money for us. I have some savings we can live on and my parents can help us until he starts working and I just really don't want government money now. Is there anything i can do because I know once you apply they don't stop them.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know if you are entitled to them why don't you want them? It's fee money.
Customer:

I am entitled to them but it scares me because i have heard so many bad stories about tax credits where people have made a mistake and had to pay back lots of money

Customer:

my husband should get his right to work in 2 weeks and then he should start work and we then won't be entitled to any money so i think it's pointless

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : The quickest way is to call HMRC
Alex Watts : Their number is *****(###) ###-####/span>
Alex Watts : Or you can write to them and say you want to withdraw the application
Alex Watts : Those details are
Alex Watts : HM Revenue and Customs - Tax Credit OfficePrestonPR1 4AT
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

ok and also because i have savings and i didn't tell them in the application so i am very worried they may investigate me if i ring them and say i want to withdraw even though i only sent the application yesterday

Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : they won't investigate if you have not been paid anything
Customer:

thank you

Alex Watts : Can I help with anything else today?
Customer:

do you think i should wait another day and ring because they probably wouldn't have looked at it yet

Alex Watts : no you can call now and they can note it on the system
Customer:

and they will let me withdraw it?

Alex Watts : yes
Customer:

thank you for your help you have took one stress out of my mind

Alex Watts : Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go, the button is at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : if you need more help please click reply