UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, I am applying for my Tier 2 General Extension next week.

Customer Question

I am applying for my Tier 2 General Extension next week. I have been maintaining minimum balance requirement for the last 90 days or so and also got a confirmation letter from the bank issued on 19th september stating that my account balance has never gone down below £3000 in last 90 days
I was due to pay my friend some money today i wrongly paid £13000 instead of £1300 which took my account into negative for 10 minutes though my friend paid me back the balance immediately but the balance on bank gone down because of that 1 transaction.
I know while sending application you are supposed to provide bank statement/bank letter which is not more than 31 days old so if i send that letter which was issued to me on 19th september confirming minimum balance of £3000 or more all the times in last 90 days will that be enough. I just worried if on the day case worker rings bank and ask about minimum balance, bank may confirm that just today it went down in negative -£2300
or
will that doesnt make a difference as i am giving the letter as per their requirement which say you should be maintaining minimum balance for last 90 days and bank statement/letter shouldnt be more than 31 days old
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, You do not need to worry.

Customer:

You should simply submit the letter which you have from the Bank confirming that your account balance has been over 3000 in the last 90 days.

Customer:

If your friend put the money back into your account within 10 minutes as you say, you will be fine and if the issue ever comes up, you can explain what happened.

Customer:

It will not be held against you.

Customer:

May I help further?