12826847

we are a replacement window company, we carried out an installation

Customer Question

we are a replacement window company, we carried out an installation for a customer, he refused to pay us, so we implemented our signed contract with interest charges, he then paid us but wrote untrue remarks about us all over the internet, can I sue him for defamation?
What type of thing has he said?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

basically, poor installation, time keeping and we would not do work he wanted, this work was not part of the contract. He also said that we would charge him 26% interest if he didn't pay us, we did not charge him interest and we gave him £100 off as a gesture of good will, we offered him a independent inspection by Fensa he refused this. The property was being fully renovated and he met us on the Monday gave us a key and we never saw him again, he sent us an email on the sunday after with his complaints.

Is your advice £27 Jo? I do not want money coming off my credit card I do not know about, please.

You need to email customer services about your membership but they can limit it to just one question.
Is there any truth in his complaints?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

thank you.
Does he have the money to pay the award do you know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes he owns the house, mortgaged probably, and has good employment. please answer the original question can I sue him or not?

To give you the correct answer I will need more information.
Are the comments still online? If so, how quickly were they removed ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes still on line, I have been finding more places he has put his comments since Jan/feb 2014, and contacting these web sites to remove his comments,

Are you charging me more than the £27 I signed up for? you still haven't answered my original question. I don't mind you asking me question after question as long as I am not getting charged more than the £27 I signed up for

You need to email customer services about your membership but they can limit it to just one question. I am never involved in membership prices.
I cannot answer your question correctly without enough information to consider your circumstances properly. I can give you a general answer now but then you run the risk that it will be wrong and that is no use.
Have any of these companies given you any idea of how many hits the page has had? If its Facebook you are home and dry.