75100385

my insurance company has paid out and settled my claim in full,

my insurance company has paid out and settled my claim in full, but the vehicle has never been collected since last november.
does this mean i can claim either storage charges for the vehicle or salvage rights for abandonment.
On settlement i did state that i didn't want the vehicle and they said that they would collect it.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did they say when they would collect it by please?

Customer:

no they just said that they would collect within 3 weeks. that was last November the 24/11/14.

Alex Watts :

Ok - you need to write and give them 28 days to collect it or say you will dispose of it

Alex Watts :

You need to give them notice as you hold it on bailment. The Act says you need to give notice

Alex Watts :

Once you give 28 days notice and they do not collect it then you can dispose or sell it

Alex Watts :

But you need to give them written notice. I would suggest sending recorded delivery so you get a signed receipt

Alex Watts :

Customer:

so when i instructed them that i didn't want the bike last November, surely the 28 days starts from there. they record all calls and the V5C document was given to them to the bike isn't mine but has sat on the drive. i even covered it for them. I thought of abandonment as.

Alex Watts : Unless it was in writing and they confirmed receipt then no.
Alex Watts : You must make sure it's been confirmed either by reply or recorded delivery
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Ah, OK. thank you. just phoned them and explained that on wednesday i have a 35 tonne Lorry coming with a grap and the bike is in the way, so if i'll be moving it to the grass verge.