75100385

I am a member of Richmondshire conservative club[25 years].On

I am a member of Richmondshire conservative club[25 years].On New Years Eve of this coming year our club are holding a New Years Eve function,charging members £5 per head,this is for a meal and taxi home,very good so far,but,entry is by £5 ticket only,My question is this,I don't want a meal or a taxi home can they stop be going into a members owned club on New Years Eve when I and my husband are fully paid up members who use the club regularly.There has been a lot of controvesy about this by members stating that they are not going to pay to get into their own club,I would appreciate it if you would advise me on this matter.Thank You,Valeri Moore.
Alex Watts :

Hello Valeri my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this/.

Alex Watts :

What does the constitution say about excluding members or special events please?

Customer:

I'M sorry I don't know what the constitution say about this.

Alex Watts :

Does the club have rules about private events etc?

Customer:

There is a rule book but it's very vague,I was under the impression that if it was a function that was being paid for - it would have to be held in a private room and not the main lounge/bar area of the club.

Alex Watts :

You need to check the rules.

Alex Watts :

Generally a private members club can do what they want

Customer:

OK will do that again.Thank You

Alex Watts :

They can exclude people for certain events etc

Alex Watts :

So you need to check the rules and see what they say about private events

Alex Watts :

If the rules say that a private event normal members are still allowed to attend then you can

Customer:

Even if the fully paid up members own the club?

Alex Watts :

If on the other hand it makes no reference or says that members can be excluded then there is nothing you can do

Alex Watts :

Yes it makes no difference, because the club is governed by its rules

Alex Watts :

Therefore if the rules allow, they must have been agreed and voted in by members at some point

Customer:

OK thank you I will leave it at that and investigate further thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

It will all be in the rules what they can and can not do

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you about this today please?

Customer:

No Thank You

Alex Watts :

You have rated POOR SERVICE?

Alex Watts :

Remember you are rating the service that I have given you, not whether or not it was the answer you wanted to hear.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?